Sunday, September 21, 2008

Enoch

"Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him away." Genesis 5:24

"By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death; he could not be found, because God had taken him away. For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God." Hebrews 11:5

We are studying Genesis in my Bible study. I have studied it several times before, but each time I study it, I learn new things. One of the things that has really struck me this time around was what it says about Enoch: He walked with God, and he never died. Thousands of years later, we have no idea what this man looked like, what he did for a living, where he lived or anything else about him. We only know those two things.

I wonder if my name will even be recorded anywhere a few generations down the road, and if it is, what will be said about me? I can’t think of anything I would rather have said than, "She walked with God." Nothing else I can do will ever matter as much as that.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I've thought the very same things while studying. I look forward to meeting Enoch someday, he sounds like a special man.

Angie said...

Amen.