Monday, January 24, 2011

Perfect Peace

"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you." Isaiah 26:3

Satan is having a heyday with my mind. Between two pretty major traumas in recent weeks (Cooper's meningitis and losing Dasha so suddenly), I am having some serious anxiety. Add to this that Cooper is congested and often has difficulty breathing, which is what we took him to the emergency room for when he was diagnosed with meningitis, and I'm basically a basket case.

But God KEEPS giving me this verse. Everywhere I turn.

Perfect peace. What a wonderful concept. So what do I need to do to have perfect peace? Keep my mind stayed on God. What does that mean? Read scripture, pray, listen to praise music, focus on Him constantly, and there won't be room in my mind for these fearful, anxious thoughts.

The verse was read at church yesterday by a man who is dying of cancer. Wow -- he has perfect peace? Yes, he said he did. A lady came up to me afterward and told me how God keeps giving her this verse lately. (Sound familiar?) She also pointed out the last part to me: because he trusts in you.

Do I trust in God?

Sometimes I do, when my faith is strong. Other times, like now, it seems my faith is weak. How can I make it stronger again?

God has brought me through many things in the past. I can't deny that. They haven't always turned out like I hoped or thought they would, but His ways are higher than mine. He will bring me through this too.

I can't necessarily control the amount of faith I have at any given time, but I can work to keep my mind stayed on God. I can pray for strength and comfort. He will handle the rest.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Thank you, Jill. God blessed me this morning because of the wisdom He has given you. Miss you!!

Pam said...

So sorry you're feeling anxious. I know it's hard dealing with so many things at once. I will be praying for you, friend. : )

Smelling Coffee said...

So true, Jill! Love you~
Jennifer