Friday, March 16, 2012

Seventeen Months Old

This past month has been a wild one. Cooper and I have both been sick a lot. It seems like every time I put him in a nursery somewhere, he picks up a "bug" and then gives it to me. We're both well right now, though, and the weather is getting warmer, so maybe we're done with it all for a while.
-
We celebrated my mom's birthday earlier this month with a little family gathering. Cooper did his part by eating some cake, something he was quite happy to do.
We've had our share of "toddler tantrums," especially when he isn't feeling well, but I guess that's normal. It makes the smiles all the sweeter.
He's becoming much more aware of things, understanding most everything we tell him and recognizing things that are familiar. He LOVES to push buttons (light switches, garage door, elevators, etc.) He's full of antics too, like balancing a pie plate on his head.
I'm still recovering in some ways from my miscarriage, but the beauty of springtime gives me new hope and reminds me that life goes on. I have much to be thankful for.

1 comment:

Pam said...

What a sweet boy! I'm sorry you've both been feeling so under the weather, but sadly, such is the way of being in the nursery! Ugh... I have so been there. But you're right, the weather is warming up and it shouldn't be so bad soon. Hang in there and prop your feet up when you get the chance... You deserve it with all you've been through lately.