Thursday, July 4, 2013

Family Vacation '13 (Part 1 - Boone, NC)

We had already planned our family vacation before Don lost his job, so we decided to go ahead and do it.

We went first to Boone, NC, to visit my brother and his family.  We loved their mountain home, sitting in the chairs on their front porch and enjoying the beauty all around us!  It was great to see them, and Cooper had a fun time visiting with his cousins. 
We celebrated my sister-in-law's and my nephew's birthdays.

My very talented nieces gave us a wonderful concert, which included an impressive rendition of "The Itsy-Bitsy Spider."

They gave us a tour of the town and, among other things, we saw Samaritan's Purse, where my brother works.
 
Then we went on a hike and took in some of the beautiful scenery in the area.
 

On Sunday we went to church with them, then packed up and headed for the Smokies.

(to be continued)

No comments: