Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas

I'm glad I decided to let Christmas be good, even if it wasn't perfect (see my last post), because that's the kind of Christmas it was.

It begins with good news: Don got a job!  He's working at Vanderbilt Hospital and seems to like it so far.  He started last Monday, but . . .

He was REALLY sick that day, and all week, so it was a rough first week for him, trying to adjust to a new schedule, learn a new job and find his way around a HUGE hospital, while feeling terrible.  Thankfully, he only had to work 3-1/2 days last week.  He is mostly, but not completely better now, and still trying to find his way around the hospital.

Since business at hospitals doesn't stop for weekends and holidays, he will have to work some of both but, thankfully, he got to be off on Christmas.  However, Cooper had a temp of over 102 most of Christmas day, and I wasn't feeling too great myself.  We had planned to go to my mom's house, but decided to just stay home, which was kind of nice, to just relax.

My brother and his family came to town that night.  I was worried we wouldn't get to see them, but by Friday, Cooper was fine, so they, as well as my parents, came over (even though Don was still feeling pretty puny and ended up going to bed right in the middle of it).

We had a fun visit with them.  Cooper loves hanging out with his cousins.

I had done some genealogical research on both of my parents' families and put that in books for them for Christmas.  I am hoping that Cooper and my nieces and nephew will be interested in this too.

We had a nice meal which my mom, my niece Hannah and I prepared.

On Sunday we all went to church and then out to lunch together before they drove back to North Carolina last night.

All in all, it was a good Christmas, and I am thankful for the family I have to share it with.

1 comment:

Pam said...

So excited for the new job!!! But I'm sorry he was feeling terrible at first. That makes everything harder. But such a praise for him to find employment. Sorry you've all been puny over Christmas, but thankful you were on the mend enough to still enjoy some of the festivities. Happy New Year! : )