Thursday, October 29, 2009

Things I Love About Fall

While I always dread winter, I do enjoy fall. Here are some of my favorite things about it:

1) The view from my kitchen window: 2) It brings back memories of my high school band days, spending chilly Friday evenings at football games and sunny, crisp Saturdays at marching competitions.

-
4) Hayrides and bonfires, together or separately. I don't get to do either of these things too often, but it's always a treat when I do, and fall is the perfect time to do them.

5) Apples. This includes caramel apples, hot spiced cider, Southern Fried Apples, apple crisp, apple pie, and just plain ol' apples, maybe dipped in peanut butter.
-
6) Taking walks, especially with the whole family, especially in the woods or a park.

7) Watching Don wrap the dogs up in their "blankies" every night. He does this when the weather gets cooler, and they generally stay that way all night, sleeping between the two of us. They don't look rotten, do they?

2 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I love fall and never get to celebrate it log enough....Can't sleep tonight, so am doing my favorite thing, blog hopping. Be sure and stop by my main blog, where there is a GREAT drawing tomorrow night! Then head over to my Christmas blog and get some Great IDEAS!!!
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

Pam said...

Most of the trees near me are still green. I was out the other day and did see a tree with actual fall color. (obviously trees differ) LOL

Your doggies remind me of my cat. When it gets cooler, she curls up in a little ball on 'her' blanket and barely moves. Cushy life there, kitty (and doggies)! :)