Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Parent's Love

"Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God." I John 3:1a

Now that I am a parent, I have a new understanding of God's love for us. I have always heard that there is nothing I can do to make God love me more or love me less. I'm not sure I ever completely understood that . . . but now I understand it much better.

I loved Cooper from the time I first found out he was on the way, long before I met him. He didn't DO anything! When he was born I loved him (even though he had caused me a lot of pain and misery through my pregnancy and his birth). He's cute and mostly sweet, but he still doesn't really understand much except his own needs. But I still love him.

He pulls my hair, wakes me up in the night and poops in his diaper, but do I love him any less? No! He is my child, and I love him.

Though my love for him will never be as perfect as God's love for His children, it is a reflection of the type of love He has for us. And I am so thankful for His unconditional love.

1 comment:

Pam said...

So beautiful. And as much as we love our babies, it's still but a shadow or a glimpse of the Father's love for us! Wow!