Thursday, December 15, 2011

Fourteen Months Old

Wow, posting twice in the same week. I think that's a record for me since Cooper was born.
Our little guy is now fourteen months old. I am feeling so thankful that he is here and healthy, since last December we spent most of the month at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital, when he had meningitis.

We're still having some nice weather and went to the zoo with my mom a couple of weekends ago. This is an old house that is on the zoo property that was decorated for Christmas and open for tours.
I've found more joy in getting ready for Christmas this year than I have in years past. It's just more fun with a child in the house, even if he is too young to really know what's going on.
And even if we have to go to some extraordinary measures to keep him out of trouble.
Besides hanging the stockings on the curtain rods, we're not putting a tree up this year. We just felt like it would be a constant battle, mainly trying to keep him from eating and breaking the ornaments.

Christmas isn't about trees anyway. Or stockings. Or even presents. Christmas is about Jesus, God's Son coming to earth to save us from our sins.

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

This Christmas we are thankful most of all for that Gift, and for the salvation and promise of eternal life He has given us.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Getting so big! : ) Your zoo sounds fun. Very funny on the stockings..I love it. We didn't do a tree either...and I am ok with it. I told my girl we weren't canceling the presents and she was ok. Merry Christmas, friend. : )