Friday, March 15, 2013

Twenty-Nine Months Old

One of the things I was concerned about when I found out I was pregnant with Cooper was Don's and my age.  I thought we we would be "old geezer" parents, too old to have fun with our child.  Everyone told me, "he will keep you young," but I had my doubts.

The truth is, we WERE old geezers (sorry, Don) before Cooper came along.  And Cooper has, in many ways, restored our youth.

Who would have guessed I would go to Sky High, a local sportsplex and jump on trampolines all morning (okay, I was REALLY sore the next day, but it was so worth it!), or build forts and crawl inside (at least until my legs went to sleep and I felt like I was about to suffocate from lack of fresh air)?  I thought my days of climbing up on playground equipment, swinging on swings and sliding down slides were over, until now.  I didn't envision myself going to the lake and hanging out with the ducks and geese . . . just because.
Don probably didn't think he would be building with Lincoln Logs again.
Even our tortilla press has taken on a new life . . . as a laptop computer.

Most importantly, Cooper has brought joy and laughter to our home.  Not that we didn't laugh before, but there is a happy, silly, lightheartedness here now that wasn't here before.  Who would have ever thought that saying the word "thingamabobber" could be so funny??

 

We thank God every day for this little guy who has made us young again, who has brought us more joy that we could have imagined.  We look forward to the days and years ahead, watching him grow and learning and laughing right along with him.

1 comment: