Thursday, March 25, 2010

Girls' Night Out

It's been a busy week, but a good one!

On Monday night, I got together with a group of friends, most of whom I was in a Bible study with twenty years ago. One of them had moved to Wisconsin and was back for a visit, so we had a great time getting caught up and reminiscing about the old days.

Here is a picture of us back then, taken at Standing Stone State Park around 1993:

6 of the 7 of us were there Monday, but only 5 are in this picture. These were the original members of our study.Do we look any different?? I was really surprised at how little we had all changed, in spite of marriage, children and other good and hard times life has brought our way.

I am so thankful for the people God has placed in my life through the years who have helped make me who I am. I think the old Michael W. Smith song, while maybe a bit sappy, is true: "Friends are friends forever if the Lord's the Lord of them."

3 comments:

Pam said...

Aww..that's so great you all got to get together. Looks like you were having a good time. : )

Mel said...

Friends are one of God's greatest gifts for sure! I love that song also ;0)

Anonymous said...

Hey What happened? My hair turned red!