Monday, March 1, 2010

I'm Back!

Hi, remember me? It's been a while. I simply haven't had time to blog because I've been consumed with this. My mom is turning 70 this week, and we (my brother and I and our spouses) decided to make a scrapbook for her, getting friends and family from throughout her life to contribute to it. It was a MAJOR project, which I couldn't blog about because it was a big surprise!


We also had a surprise party yesterday, inviting a few of her close, local friends and family. My brother and sister-in-law made the wonderful food for it, but it still kept me busy with invitations and RSVP's and getting my house cleaned up (no small task). I believe my mom was very blessed by all this, as we had hoped she would be. She hasn't been looking forward to this big birthday, but hopefully this made it all a little better.
I don't know what to do with myself now that it's all over. Actually, it's just about time to start working on my garden . . .

1 comment:

Smelling Coffee said...

What a special gift for your mom! I know she will treasure it for years to come. I still get out my 40th b-day one and read and soak those words and pictures in. :-)

Love to you, Jill~
Jen