Thursday, February 19, 2009

What God is Teaching Me

I haven’t been blogging much lately. I’m sort of brain dead. It’s one of those times when God is working in my heart a lot, but it’s hard to put it all into words.

1) He’s teaching me that I need to surrender to His will, WITHOUT a contingency plan of my own. This is before I even know what His will is. I think He has been waiting for me to do this for a long time before we could move on to some bigger and better things.

2) He’s teaching (well, trying to teach) me to trust Him and not fear. This is a big one for me, and I’m encountering teaching on it at every turn. Let’s face it: we have a lot to fear right now in our country. But God is in control. He promises: "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" (Jeremiah 29:11). It’s not so much that I don’t believe this; it’s just that I’m just afraid that the hope and future God has for me may not match up with the one I have for myself.

What's wrong with this picture??

So I believe that God has some good things in store for me, but I’ve just got to trust Him and not fear. I’ve got to surrender my own will to His. That should be easy, shouldn’t it??

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Such a hard lesson, as you know from my blog I struggle with this all the time. How refreshing it is that the Lord gives us each other for comfort and support when we are challenged!

Angie said...

Thanks for sharing. I too fear too often and God is teaching me through some things too!