Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lent

Most years I give up something for Lent. It is usually food-related, that being my biggest vice. I don’t go to a church that practices this; I just choose to do it on my own. One thing that I have discovered is that I need to do it for the right reasons. You don’t give up something for Lent to lose weight. I found that out the hard way one year. I think that was the only year that I totally blew it. I think Lent should be a time of sort of making a covenant with God to make a small sacrifice which is really incomparable with the sacrifice He made for us on that Good Friday nearly 2000 years ago.

So this year, I have decided that for Lent I will stick to Weight Watchers 5 days a week (which will be a big improvement over what I’ve been doing lately). I know it sounds like I am doing that to lose weight, but that’s not really the reason. I need to be disciplined, and I need to be healthy. God tells us our body is His temple, and He wants us to take care of it. I know Weight Watchers to be a good, healthy eating plan. I have prayed about this and feel like it is something I can do which will be a good thing for me both physically and spiritually.

I’ll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

We missed you today and we will be praying for you :0)