Friday, July 24, 2009

Salt

The guy who started the band Don is in wanted to write a song about Christians being the salt of the earth, so he asked the band members for ideas. Since I dabble a bit in poetry and lyric-writing, Don mentioned it to me. I wrote out some verses, and Don sent it to him.

Well, he didn't use mine directly but instead combined my ideas with his own and those of another person who gave it a shot and came up with a song. You can hear this song on this website.

Now apparently there are a couple of radio stations who want to play the song, so I have to register as a songwriter with ASCAP so I can collect royalties. I'm not maxing out my credit cards yet, but it is kind of exciting!

This band will be playing again next Saturday night, August 1, at 7:00 p.m. at the Wilson County Fairgrounds. You can get directions on the site above.

If you are on Facebook, you can join the "fan page" for this band: GetCloser2God.

No comments: