Friday, July 31, 2009

Soup Bowl

Here's a way to get a really cheap meal every now and then that I learned from my mom and have been doing for years.

I keep a container in my freezer, and every time we have leftovers that I won't likely serve at another meal, that would be suitable for soup, I add them to this container. When the container gets full, I just thaw it out, heat it up, and we have soup for dinner! Add some grilled cheese sandwiches or a loaf of bread machine bread and maybe a salad, and you're all set!

These leftovers can include vegetables, pasta, rice, meat, broth, tomato sauce or any number of other things. While some of the finished products have been better than others, I've never had a batch that was too bad. The only bad thing is that if the soup is really good, you'll probably never be able to duplicate it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great tip. Thanks.