Saturday, August 1, 2009

High School Reunion

My high school class is having our 25-year reunion this weekend, and there was a gathering last night at someone's house which Don and I attended. I was a little skeptical about going, but I really had a good time. It was like we kind of picked right up where we left off, but without all the immaturity we had then.
I went to my 10-year, but not my 20-year. Since then I have reconnected with about 30 of my classmates on Facebook, so that made me a little more enthusiastic about going this time. I had great conversations with people that I hardly knew in high school. I found I had more in common with some of them than I now do with people I was once friends with.

Still, no matter where we are in life, we all share the common bond of our past. Many of us went all the way through school together (I moved to that system in fourth grade), so they were a big part in making me who I am.

I'm glad I have Facebook now to help me keep up with these friends, and I'm looking forward to seeing them again at my 30-year reunion.
With my friends Barbara and Esther.

1 comment:

Smelling Coffee said...

Glad you had a great time. Facebook has been a blessing in that way.