Monday, August 17, 2009

Apple Bread

I had a windfall of fresh apples recently, which I used in a variety of ways. This was one of them. It was YUMMY! There are only 2 bad things about it: it doesn't hold together very well (it might have done better if I had cut the apple pieces up smaller), and it's not very Weight Watchers-friendly. Small quantities are in order here, but it's so good, that's not an easy option.

3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
1 Tbsp. vanilla
2 cups diced apples (without skins)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 tsp. flour

Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 2 loaf pans.

Mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and baking powder together.

In a separate bowl, beat eggs and add sugar and oil. Add vanilla and dry ingredients. Stir in apples.

Mix walnuts in 1 tsp. of flour and add to batter. Pour into loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.

1 comment:

Pam said...

My Mamaw used to make apple bread for my birthday. I love it... Even tho it's a dieter's disaster. Still might have to try it. : )