Saturday, August 29, 2009

Praying for Others

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:16

One of the things I find people do on blogs and Facebook a lot is to share their prayer requests and ask their friends to pray for them. I often comment and promise I will. I send up a brief prayer, but how often do I follow through and continue to pray for and support them? I have so many friends with needs right now: the loss of parents or other loved ones, health problems, a recent miscarriage, a new school, financial needs, and more. So I have started a list so I can keep track of them all.

It means so much to me when someone tells me they will pray for me and then later asks how things turned out, reminding me that they have been praying for me.

Praying for each other is so important! How often do we promise to do it and then forget all about it? If this is something you, like me, have been lax on, I challenge you to join me in trying to be more faithful and consistent. It will be rewarding, both for us and for the people we pray for.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Yes, I was reminded this week of a prayer request that got tucked into the front cover of my Bible. I had to stop right then and pray and ask forgiveness for being negligent in my promise. And then pray for the person.