Friday, August 7, 2009

A Stiff Neck

"You stiff-necked people, with uncircumcised hearts and ears! You are just like your fathers: You always resist the Holy Spirit!” Acts 7:51

I have had a sore neck and shoulder for several days now. I’m not sure why; I think it’s related to some shoulder problems I have been having for several months now, which I probably need to go to the doctor about but have been resisting. I don’t like doctors.

Don keeps telling me to take it easy, but I have so much right now that needs to be canned, frozen or otherwise taken care of, and other things I want to do, that I have just been taking Ibuprofen and carrying on. And I’m not getting any better.

Maybe God is trying to get my attention? He has nothing good to say about “stiff-necked people.” He is forever trying to get them to listen to Him. Like Don telling me to slow down and take it easy, God says, “Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10). It’s so HARD for me. I want to be doing something constantly, so it’s hard for me to hear His voice. Maybe today is the day. I don’t think I’m going to get any better until I do anyway, so I guess it’s time to slow down. And be still. And listen. And maybe that will help my “stiff-necked” condition, both physically and spiritually.

1 comment:

Smelling Coffee said...

A very good comparison! Glad your neck is better. Praying for you, Jill... Jennifer