Saturday, February 6, 2010

A College Nightmare

I had another one last night. This one wasn't as bad as some, but it was definitely one of those. My college nightmares.

Does anyone else have these? Don says he does. I have them fairly regularly. You dream you are back at college in some disastrous situation: it's the first day of a semester, and you can't find your class; it's exam time, and you haven't been to class all semester; you forgot to wear pants to class . . . the list goes on. In the one last night, I was moving back into the dorm with my roommate, but everything in the room was all out of place. I've had several before along that line too.

Was college that stressful that I'm still having nighmares about it on a regular basis over 20 years later? I don't remember being THAT stressed at the time, but maybe I was too young to recognize stress for what it was.

I wonder if they'll ever stop. I wonder if I'll ever be able to resolve my college experiences within myself. Any psychiatrists out there who might be able to shed some light on this?

No comments: