Thursday, February 4, 2010

An Unlikely Favorite

You would likely NEVER guess what I consider to be one of my favorite stores. Alright, alright, I know the suspense is killing you, so I'll just go ahead and tell you: Tractor Supply Company.

Now, why in the world would a store with a name like that appeal to me? I don't even own a tractor.

It's about WAY more than tractors. They have all sorts of pet items (food, cages, medicines, litter, toys, etc.), yard and garden supplies, tools, and, as Don discovered last week, a part for his gun that he couldn't find anywhere else in town. They even have some farming-related toys and casual clothes and shoes.

The prices are very reasonable too. Maybe not quite as cheap as Wal-Mart, but the selection is much better for the categories they specialize in. It is considerably cheaper than other pet and garden specialty stores I have compared it to.

It's a fun place to browse. The staff is very helpful and friendly. We have one just a few minutes from our house. I'm learning more and more that this is a good place to check if I need something in one of the above categories.

So check it out sometime. Even if you don't own a tractor.

2 comments:

Smelling Coffee said...

That's what I hear from everyone! I've never been into our TSS, but James loves it. I may need to venture in one of these days. Do you think they carry nail polish? :-)

Jen

Jill said...

LOL! I haven't seen any there, but maybe you could request it. ( :