Sunday, December 7, 2008

Beautiful Feet

"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, ‘Your God reigns!’" Isaiah 52:7
-
When my nephew Gabriel was about to arrive, I began to pray about a verse to choose for him. This one kept coming to mind, but I pushed it aside because it seemed like an odd verse to pray for someone. One morning sitting in church a few days before his birth, it came to me again very strongly. I resolved to go home and look it up. A few minutes later, when that very verse was read in the service, I knew this was the verse I was to pray for Gabriel. It was confirmed again a few days later when I found out his name means "messenger."
-
With the verses I pray for my nieces, I can speculate about how God will use them in their lives, but with this one, I have no idea. At age three, Gabriel is a fairly outspoken little boy, so perhaps I could envision him proclaiming God’s good news from the mountaintops. It will be exciting to see what wonderful plan God has in store for these little feet.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

So sweet! Somehow it seems like the perfect verse for him. Each verse is definitely perfect for each of their hearts. Thank you for your prayers, encouragement, and love for Grace, Hannah, Abbie and Gabriel. They sure do love you!

Angie said...

What a sweet blog Jill. Gabe is a special boy...what a neat verse to pray for him!