Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Family Christmas Celebration

Our family celebrated Christmas together at my house on Monday night because my brother and his family will be going out of town for Christmas, and this was the only time we could get everyone together. There were 10 of us: both of my parents, Don and me, and my brother, sister-in-law and their 4 kids.
We usually get together for breakfast, so in order to keep tradition we had our Christmas breakfast that we have had for years: sausage casserole, chocolate cinnamon roll-type things that my mom makes, and fruit salad.

My nieces did a ballet dance to "Away in a Manger" that my sister-in-law taught them. My mom made their costumes. They did a great job!
My nephew Gabriel modeled new football pajamas that my mom made for him.

Money has been tight this year for many of us this year, but we exchanged small gifts and focused more on each other than on gifts, which is the way it should be anyway. I think everyone had a really good time. I know I did.

3 comments:

MADDIE said...

It looks like you guys had a really fun time. I saw the kid's costumes first hand yesterday, and they are so adorable!

Melissa said...

We did have a very good time. Very yummy food, fellowship and fun....the perfect Christmas gathering! Thank you for hosting us and for our gifts :0)

Angie said...

Thanks for sharing these pics...it looks like a fun time. I love being with family at Christmas. I love the "breakfast" tradition too!