Monday, December 22, 2008

Orange Balls

I make these nearly every Christmas, and often people ask me for the recipe. They’re pretty simple, and very tasty!

The recipe comes from this cookbook, published by Southern Living.

Orange Balls

1 (12-oz.) pkg. vanilla wafers
1 (16-oz.) pkg. powdered sugar
½ cup butter or margarine, softened
1 (6-oz.) can concentrated frozen orange juice, thawed and undiluted
1 cup finely chopped pecans

Crush vanilla wafers to make fine crumbs. Add sugar, butter and orange juice concentrate, mixing well. Shape dough into 1" balls. Roll balls in pecans (or coconut). Chill until firm. Yield: 6 dozen.

Note: I usually just put the vanilla wafers in my food processor to crush them and then add the rest of the ingredients and mix them in there. This is something of a strain on my food processor, so if you don’t have a good, powerful one, I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

These are definitely one of our favs! Yummy!

Smelling Coffee said...

Yumm! I have that book. I had to make some cookies for a cookie swap, and they turned out to be a fiasco! I should have used my cookie book. :-) This might be my answer for next year...