Friday, September 25, 2009

The Marshmallow Experiment

A study was done where young children were taken into a room and given a marshmallow. They were told they could either eat the marshmallow then, or wait until the adult returned, at which point they would be given another one. The adult would then leave them alone for 15 minutes. The children didn't know they were on camera. Here are some of their reactions:



As far as I know, I was never a subject of this experiment, but I have a pretty good idea what I would have done if I had been. This picture, taken of me at age 1, pretty well sums it up. That explains a lot, doesn't it?

2 comments:

Pam said...

That is the funniest thing! I would have been like that very sniffy boy and smelled it forever. And then I probably would have gone on ahead and eaten yet. I guess it says a lot about both of us! LOL

Smelling Coffee said...

How funny! I do that with chocolate until it gets the best of me! ;-)