Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing?

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?" Matthew 7:15-16

I'm sorry for those of you who are bored with my blog. This is my third one in a row about politics, which I try not to do, but that's what's been on my mind lately.

There has been so much outrage about the President's speech to school children for the past several days, and then it was, as a friend put it, innocuous. Hardly objectionable. Even those who spoke out against him doing it are admitting that it was a good speech.

It was a good speech. There was truth in it. But knowing our president's history and his associations, I find it hard to believe there's not some underlying motive, maybe to get everyone's guard down so he can take a few extra liberties next time.

But I'm trying to be optimistic. I'm trying to try to believe that all the outrage forced him to tone it down. That our voices are being heard in Washington. And that for the same reason Van Jones, the President's czar who was a self-declared Communist, resigned this weekend. I want to believe that our prayers are being answered and God is having mercy on us, holding back the power of those who might not have our country's best interests at heart. I hope I'm right. But I'm not letting down my guard, because even though God wants us to trust Him, He also tells to watch out.

No comments: