Friday, October 9, 2009

Are They Serious?

I apologize in advance. I try not to put people down on my blog, but I am in disbelief right now. Barack Obama has won a Nobel Peace Prize?

WHY??

According to this article: http://www.wsmv.com/politics/21248290/detail.html,

The new president was hailed for his willingness to reach out to the Islamic world, his commitment to curtailing the spread of nuclear weapons and his goal of bringing the Israelis and Palestinians into serious, fruitful negotiations.

So basically, nothing has been accomplished. The prize is based on his potential accomplishments. His election, as far as I can tell, was similarly based, and so far, as well as I can tell, all he has done is drive our country deeper into debt, weaken our military and threaten our freedom. What's more, the deadline for the nominations for this prize was only days after he first took office.

I appreciate that he is the first black president. I really do. I would have been happy to vote for a black man IF I THOUGHT HE WAS QUALIFIED FOR THE JOB. I would like to affirm that his color has nothing to do with how I feel about all this, except that I think some people are so enamored with the fact that he is black, that they are overlooking everything else.

Enough said.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Pam said...

I know.. I just about died when I read that. Total *eye roll* event!