Thursday, October 8, 2009

Genghis Grill

My dad and I had lunch today at this Mongolian restaurant. I didn't even know what Mongolian food was, but the first time I tried it, I was hooked!

Essentially, you build your own stir-fry. It's set up sort of like a salad bar, and they give you a bowl, which you fill up with meats, vegetables and seasonings of your choice. Then you choose a sauce and hand it all over to the grillers, who cook it in front of you. You pick between several types of rice or noodles for them to serve it over, and then you can sprinkle it with chopped peanuts, sesame seeds, chow mein noodles, etc. They offer suggestions for combinations, or you can just be creative. There are chopsticks available if you want a more authentic eating experience.

It's fairly reasonably priced, around $9 for a "bowl." You can pay a little extra if you want a "bottomless bowl," which means you can have as many refills as you want. One is plenty for most people though. My problem is that the only two locations in the Nashville area are in Cool Springs and Hendersonville, neither of which is particularly close to me. Their website says there are more coming though.

They serve alcoholic beverages, if you're into that, and offer a dessert menu if you're still hungry after you eat your stir fry, which I never am. I think this restaurant is a good place for a family outing, a date, lunch or dinner with friends, or just about any situation.

1 comment:

Pam said...

We have one of those in our neck of the woods. DD loves seafood and she can pile it high there for the same price...which is really nice for us. LOL Love it!