Monday, November 2, 2009

God Answers Prayer

It's funny, when we pray, sometimes we wonder if God is hearing our prayers at all, but other times we just get direct answers that leave us no doubt they came from Him. I had one of those experiences last week.

We have been struggling financially for a while, but with my extra job at CBS, we've been making it okay. Still, with Christmas coming up, I was needing a little extra money to buy presents, so I prayed last Monday night and again on Tuesday morning that God would provide me with a job for 6-8 hours on Tuesdays or Fridays (my 2 free days).

On Tuesday afternoon I got a call from a temporary service I had signed up with, which had previously not been able to find me any work because of my weird schedule. They had a company who was looking for someone who could do administrative work one day a week for 6 1/2 - 7 hours. She wanted to check my availability. She called him back to see if Tuesday or Friday would work. He said Friday would, but he needed someone who knew how to use both Microsoft Word and Word Perfect.

The lady from the temporary service called me back to see if it was remotely possibly that I knew Word Perfect in addition to Word (a rare skill these days since Microsoft has taken over the world). Well, the truth is I love Word Perfect and much prefer it but never get to use it anymore. In addition, the information she had given me all came together for me, and I realized this was a man I had done some work for before through a completely different work situation.

She called him back, and he remembered me and was excited about it all, since he had an appraisal he had to get out on Friday, and he knew I could handle it.

So I went to work on Friday and will likely continue to work for him one day a week on a flexible schedule at least through November and December, and maybe my friends and family will get Christmas presents from me this year after all.

God is good.

1 comment:

Pam said...

That is so great. I love it when we can see God's provision clear as day! : )