Friday, December 4, 2009

Catch-Up Day

Well, I guess the Christmas season is officially here, and as usual, I'm so busy, I hardly know which way is up. I have decided not to post my "Grinch Countdown" this year. I thought it was kind of funny last year, but I don't think everyone agreed with me. Oh well.

My dad moved to a retirement home this week. It's not a nursing home, just an apartment for older people, though he does have a chain he can pull if he needs help. He wasn't aware of this feature until he apparently leaned against it and a short time later had people beating on his door wanting to know if he was okay.

He has switched Internet companies, and I spent 4 1/2 hours over there yesterday trying to help him get his new one set up (2 solid hours on the phone with AT&T). We never did get his problem resolved, which is frustrating for him and for me. He can receive e-mail but not send any, and apparently he has an Internet connection, but he can't get on it. Any suggestions?

So between my 3 part-time jobs, helping my dad move, getting ready for a band concert. Christmas preparations, plus my usual activities, I haven't blogged in a week. I'm behind on my blog reading too. Today is a catch-up day, so I'm hoping to do some of that, between laundry, grocery shopping, running errands, practicing my flute, preparing my Sunday School lesson, doing my Bible study, and a few other things. Better get busy!

2 comments:

Smelling Coffee said...

Good morning, Jill~ I'm catching up on lots of things today too - your blog being one of them. :-)

I'm glad your dad is in a place where he can get help quickly if he needs it. I know that's a relief to you (or it will be in the future.) Don't know anything about the computer situation.

And, for the record (and I'm saying this with a smile on my face): I'm glad you didn't put that Grinch up again this year! :-)

Have a great and productive day!
Jen

Pam said...

Girl, you sound biz-EEE! : ) I'm glad you got your dad moved. I know how stressful that sort of thing can be and I know you'll feel better knowing he can get help when he needs it. I have no idea about the computer problems. : /