Saturday, January 30, 2010

Look at My Garden Now!

Following my tradition from last summer of taking pictures of my garden from my upstairs window, I decided to take one this morning: Yes, believe it or not, we got about 4-5" of snow yesterday! This is the first "real" snow we have had here in several years, so it's pretty exciting!

It's a little crusty on top this morning, so my dog Dasha, who weighs 15 pounds, had a really hard time walking in it. She would take a careful step, and it would hold her up for a couple of seconds; then SPLAT -- she would fall down into it. Made for a rough time pottying this morning.

But all in all, it's kind of fun. I'm considering us to be "snowed in," though I'm sure we could get somewhere if we really needed to.

I posted a question on Facebook yesterday: if you were snowed in, assuming all your basic needs were met, what would be the one thing you wouldn't want to be without? I got lots of creative answers, some of which I am listing here, in the order that I would find them important:

Spouse/family
Pets
A good book
Junk food
Puzzle book
Facebook
Blankets
Chili
Hot chocolate
Sled
Movies
Beer/Wine

We never get snowed in for more than a day or two here in Nashville, so I guess we'll enjoy it while we can. Thankfully, I'm well equipped with the first few items on the list above, so I'm in good shape. Now maybe I can go out and build a snowman.

1 comment:

Pam said...

I'm so glad you're getting snow! So pretty.. not so fun for the doggie though. :) We have no snow, but we're "colded" in. It's just so cold we don't want to get out. Every time there is a 'snow event' here, the grocery store is packed with people buying provisions. You'd think we were going to be snowed in for the season, the way ppl here carry on when one flurry falls. But I still love it! :)