Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Keep Trying

So, you may have noticed that I haven't posted a blog about new year's resolutions yet.

I'm still working on last year's.

But seriously, I can gratefully say that I have made some progress, particularly on the computer one. I stopped letting my blog be an obsession; it is now just a hobby. Even so, around mid-year I still felt like I hadn't had much victory over the problem as a whole, and as I was praying about it one day, I felt God telling me that I should "fast" from the Internet and e-mail on Sundays. I wasn't sure at the time that I could do it, but so far I have, and it has made a huge impact. I feel like my "addiction" has been broken. Rather than running to the computer every time I have a spare moment, feeling like the world would end if I didn't check my e-mail every few minutes, I feel a whole new freedom about it all. It will wait. Facebook will go on without me. If anyone needs me too urgently, they are likely to call rather than e-mail anyway.

Another of my resolutions was to get healthier and take better care of myself. I don't think I have made too much progress in that area, though we did eat pretty healthy this summer when I had my garden. I got a lot of exercise that way too, but this is an ongoing battle, especially the eating part.

The tongue control one needs some more work too. I want to focus specifically on not being critical or judgmental of others.

I'm so thankful for God's grace! I will never get it completely right in this life, but He forgives and forgives and forgives. He doesn't just give us a new start each year; His mercies are new every morning!

1 comment:

Pam said...

The eating thing is hard. It is such a struggle. But I'm glad you're finding ways around your computer addiction. I take spurts... go near it, don't go near it. Repeat. lol

His mercies are new every morning! So true! : )