Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Blogging

Well, I guess I'll give this blog thing a shot, though I'm not sure my life is interesting enough for anyone to want to read about. I do enjoy reading other people's blogs, though, so maybe someone will want to read mine.

Verses for the day:

"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." Lamentations 3:22-24

What a wonderful thought! Not a day passes when I don't "mess up" somehow (usually a lot), but God is faithful to forgive me and give me a fresh start every day.

I begin this day thankful for His mercies and for my salvation and for all the gifts He has bestowed upon me: my family, my home, my friends, my country and my pets, to name a few. I am very blessed!

Cool thing to know: The website rhapsody.com lets you listen to almost any song you can think of. You can't download them, but you get to listen to 25 songs each month at no charge. I've been taking a trip down memory lane and listening to all those old songs that I haven't heard in forever.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Silly Jilly, I am so happy to hear anbout your herb garden. You look and sound so happy. I have saved your blog to my favs so I can keep up with you.Miss you.
Glennda

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Jill. This will be fun. FYI you can also go to pandora.com and keep your design your own "radio" for free to listen to the music.