Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Proper Luncheon

Yesterday I went to lunch with a group of friends from Bible Study. It was a great time of fellowship for all of us. We went to Scarlett’s Garden Tea Room in Mt. Juliet. I had never eaten there before.

When I stepped into the restaurant, I felt like I was entering another time and place. It is not very large with fancy white tablecloths and sunshine streaming through the windows. We were greeted by a prim and proper but very friendly lady who gave us our choice of tables (and pointed out to us which was the most popular). Even though everything was so nice, I still felt very comfortable. (Those who know me know I am not very prim and proper.)

The food was good. I had chicken salad on a croissant, one of their specialties. It came with "lady-sized" scoops of three kinds of salad (I believe these vary by the day), including a cornbread salad, which was very unique. The prices were a little high, but not outrageous -- I think mine was $8.95.

They had a cute gift shop with a lot of old-fashioned memorabilia, much of it from "Gone With the Wind."

This is definitely a girl hangout, but if you are looking for a place to get together with friends for lunch that’s a little different, I think this is a good choice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great place. I've often wondered what it is like when we've driven by there.