Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Walking

I often hear my fellow weight watchers complain that they don’t like to exercise. Fortunately, this is a problem that I can’t relate to at all, because I love to walk.


I walk my dogs nearly every morning, one at a time, and it’s a real treat for them. On weekends Don usually joins us, and we have "family time."


I walk with friends, and it’s a great chance for fellowship. I walk alone, and it’s a opportunity to pray or think things through.


I walk in the neighborhood and greet my neighbors or admire (and envy) people’s well-manicured yards. I walk at the park and enjoy the beauty of nature.


Unless the weather is extreme, I usually walk whether it’s cold, hot, raining or snowing.


If you figure up the number of calories you burn walking, it doesn’t amount to much, but I believe I am in much better shape, in body and spirit, from the walking I do. If anybody wants to go walking with me, let me know!


Cool Thing to Know: Lowe’s (home improvement store) welcomes dogs on leashes in their store. This is a favorite outing of Dasha’s. Sometimes the cashiers even have dog biscuits for her. ( :

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know........ya'll can move over here and Lex and I will go with you! Seriously though maybe one week when AJ is home in the AM we can take Nash and Lex to the dog park!!?? I also have fond memories of our walks around our apartment complex!