Saturday, April 18, 2009

Gardening Update #1

I’m sore. I’m sunburned. I ache all over. But I’ve been working in my garden, and it’s soul-satisfying. I’m not posting pictures yet because it still doesn’t look like much (except for my strawberries which have blooms all over them). I’ve dug up a fourth 8’x8’ square, and I planted a few more things today: carrots, yellow onions, bush cucumbers and celery. I’ve still got to plant my annual herbs and some more vegetables that need to wait until May.

I have some radish and cabbage seedlings, and tonight we grilled our first 2 stalks of asparagus (these are perennials). I’m seeing a little lettuce, spinach and green onions poking their heads up too. Some of my herbs are ready for harvest. Can’t wait to make my first loaf of Rosemary and Thyme Bread and my first batch of salsa!

1 comment:

Pam said...

YUM! I always envy ppl with gardens.. and fresh stuff! I do my gardening at the farmers market. LOL They usually know us by name not long into the season. Last year they knew me well since I knocked over a little box of blueberries and they went all over the place. They roll like BB's. I felt like a doofus! Maybe growing my own would be less embarrassing. :-D