Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Last Day of CBS

Today was my last day to teach my kids in Community Bible Study. As I look back over the year, I am so thankful for the gift God gave me of letting me teach this year. He allowed me to grow closer to my oldest two nieces through having them in my class. He allowed me to experience the stories of creation, Noah’s ark and others in Genesis through the eyes of children. He taught me patience and understanding. I have seen the kids grow in knowledge and mature in their faith throughout the year, and God has given me the satisfaction of knowing I was a part of that.

We had a program for the last day where the children sang some of the songs they learned. My class is the oldest group, so they sang some songs alone and one with the younger kids. They did a great job; I was very proud of them!



Next week the children’s teachers will meet with the other adults so we can all share what God has taught us this year. I am looking forward to that.
-
I don’t know what God has in store for me next year. I love CBS, but I need to be working more, so I’m praying He will provide me with a job that will at least allow me to attend as a member, if not a leader. This is a wonderful program, and one I hope to continue to be a part of.

No comments: