Sunday, April 26, 2009

Noah’s Flood

For forty days the flood kept coming on the earth, and as the waters increased they lifted the ark high above the earth. The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water. They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered. The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than twenty feet. Genesis 7:17-20

I am finishing up a study of Genesis in my Bible study. I am studying creation in my Sunday School class. And it is springtime, and everywhere around me I see beautiful life springing forth that has God's fingerprints all over it.

I am planting a garden. Sorry if you’re getting tired of hearing about that. But I have noticed as I have been digging in the soil is that there are rocks. Lots of them. Not jagged-edged rocks, but smooth rocks, such as those in a river. How did they get there? There are no rivers within at least a mile of my house. I don’t live in an area that would ever flood under normal circumstances.

One thing I have learned in my creation class is that there are fossils from sea creatures throughout the Grand Canyon. This intrigues me as well. How would sea creatures get into the Grand Canyon . . . unless it was once covered by water?

Some may claim that the story of Noah’s flood is myth. Others may say that it was just a localized flood. But Bible says the waters covered the whole earth, and that’s what I choose to believe. Not to mention that there is evidence of it everywhere, including my own back yard.

There is so much around us that supports what the Bible tells us in Genesis. I don’t understand why there are those who refuse to see it, who choose instead to believe in a "theory" that really makes no sense if you try to study it very deeply.

So Genesis is MY story. And I’m stickin’ to it.

No comments: