Sunday, June 7, 2009

Baby Shower

We had a baby shower for a lady in our church yesterday. I was in charge of the games.

One of them was a game I had played before where everyone puts a paper plate on their head and draws a picture of a baby on it. This was pretty funny to watch. The mother-to-be was the judge of who drew the best baby.


For the second game, I passed around a roll of yarn and had everyone cut off a piece that they thought matched the girth of the mother-to-be. Meanwhile, I measured her girth with a different color of yarn. I also had everyone write their name on a label and wrap it around the top of their yarn, since there were 25+ people playing. Then I held all the yarn up and had someone pick the piece that was closest in length to the mother's girth, and that person was the winner.

The last game was Baby-o. I mentioned this in a previous blog. Here is what one of the cards looked like.
I think everyone had a good time. I look at showers differently since my three wedding showers. It is such a blessing to have everyone come just to honor you and shower you with gifts. Since then, I have a new enthusiasm for giving or attending them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love how the mother to be is kicked back in the recliner just watching the show. That is how it should be because all that will end soon.