Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Kids’ Photography

Kids today have many opportunities that we didn’t have. One of them is digital cameras. When I was a child I was rarely allowed take pictures because my parents didn’t want to waste the film. Even if I was allowed to take one, it would be days, weeks or even months before I got any feedback on my handiwork. But now, with digital cameras, kids can take all the pictures they want to and immediately see how they look.

My nieces are developing this skill. Here are some pictures my niece Gracie, age 8, took at my house the other day (I have omitted some of her “feedback” photos – most of those weren’t her fault anyway because Aunt Jill needs to learn to keep her eyes open for pictures). Sorry they’re all of me – those were the ones I got her to take because I couldn’t take them myself! My niece Hannah, age 7, took this picture of her dog Lexie recently.
My niece Abbie, age 5, also took a few while she was over. Well, maybe she still needs a little more feedback, but she’s getting there!
Hamburgers ready for grilling, from a 5-year-old's eye level.
I will have to say, this is a very nice picture of a potato. Maybe she saw the potato on my blog and thought that was something you are supposed to take a picture of. Or maybe there’s a deeper meaning there. . .

No comments: