Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Nothing Much

I haven't blogged for a couple of days because there isn't much going on.

My band started a new season Monday night. We are practicing patriotic music for a Fourth of July concert. I'm playing piccolo on a couple of things, which is more challenging than flute. I really like patriotic music, though, so I'm enjoying it all.

My church is having a baby shower on Saturday for one of our members. I am in charge of games. I spent most of the day yesterday making bingo cards. They are all different and have potential gifts on them with pictures (diaper bag, bottles, etc.), so if she opens a particular gift, anyone who has that on their card can cover it. I didn't realize how long it was going to take me until I got myself into it.

Weight Watchers keeps cutting my hours. They e-mailed me yesterday and told me they didn't need me to work a group that I was scheduled to work on Saturday, which kind of made me mad. The number of people attending has been so low, they just don't need as many staff. I understand they're trying to keep their business afloat in a tough economy, and the staff cuts are across the board, but I need to work. I've been looking for something else but haven't had any luck yet. I may just need to lower my standards and wait tables or something.

So, that's about all that's new with me. I'll blog more when I have something new to say.

No comments: