Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Tribute to Farrah & Michael

Two small parts of my childhood died today.

In fourth or fifth grade, I was a huge fan of Farrah Fawcett. I thought her "feathered" hair was SO cool! I used Wella Balsam shampoo . . . because she did. Well, at least she advertised it. I also felt an attachment to her because the character she played on Charlie's Angels was named Jill.

Around about 10th grade, I got caught up in the "Thriller" craze. Even before that, in 8th grade, we had to choose a song in my PE class and make up a dance to go with it, and the friend who did it with me and I chose Michael Jackson's "Rock With You," though I didn't know too much about him then.

Other than those brief phases, neither of these celebrities has played a huge role in my life, but I am still a bit saddened at their deaths, both on the same day. My condolences go out to their friends, families and fans.

No comments: