Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Concert Night

The community band had our concert last night, and I think it went pretty well.

I had a rather stressful afternoon. I got home and my dog had been sick all over the house. I had to clean that up and take her to the vet. (Enough said, except please pray for Dasha -- I think she's on the road to recovery but I'm still a little concerned about her.) Then my dad called me when it was time to go and said he had had a car wreck on the way to my house. Thankfully he didn't get hurt. His car is pretty beat up, but it wasn't his fault, and hopefully he'll be able to get it fixed without any problem.

Needless to say, all of that added a little stress to my evening. I almost decided not to go, but in the end I went ahead. I played okay, though not as well as I was capable of playing. Fortunately with a band, one bad player doesn't ruin it all, so it wasn't a disaster.

I was very thankful for all my friends and family who came out to see me play (including my dad, who did actually make it there on time).
-
We'll be taking a week off, then starting over with all new music (just when I had finally mostly learned the old music -- oh well!). This band has been challenging for me, but a good experience, and I think my flute-playing skills have really improved through being in it.

No comments: