Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Gorgeous Saturday

Today was a perfect day, weatherwise. Spring is in the air.
-
I have been on a genealogy kick and recently found some information on where my great, great and great, great, great grandparents are buried out in the country in Wilson County, Tennessee, about an hour from where we live, so I talked Don into taking me out there. We decided to make a day of it and took the dogs with us. Unfortunately, the directions didn’t pinpoint the exact spot of the cemetery, so we weren’t able to find it, which I knew would be a possibility.
-
On the way back we stopped at Cedars of Lebanon. It’s a nice state park not far from us with lots of amenities. We went for a hike on a trail there and enjoyed the beautiful day. The dogs, who are much in need of haircuts (I’m trying to wait until the weather gets warm to stay), came back with their tongues hanging out, but they still enjoyed it.
-
Tonight we grilled out for dinner. We may even sleep with our windows open. I don’t want to waste one bit of this beautiful weather!

1 comment:

Pam said...

What a fun day! I'm glad spring has finally sprung! :-D