Thursday, March 26, 2009

Red Envelope Day

Here’s a way you can make your voice heard if you, like me, think abortion is a heinous crime and needs to be stopped.

On March 31, 2009, millions of people across the country are going to send red envelopes to Barack Obama in protest of abortion. If you want to be a part of it, here’s what you do:

Get a red envelope. (I’ve had trouble finding them, but I am told you can buy them at Kinkos or party supply stores.)

On the front, address it to:

President Barack Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington , D.C. 20500

On the back, write the following message:

This envelope represents one child who died because of an abortion. It is empty because the life that was taken is now unable to be a part of our world.

Mail it on March 31, 2009.

For more information, go to http://www.redenvelopeday.com.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Wow.. I'd never heard of this campaign before. Thanks!

Smelling Coffee said...

Thanks for this reminder. I knew about it a while ago and meant to participate, but forgot about it until I visited your blog. :-)

Love you, Jill!