Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Nation 2 Nation

My pastor, Mike Graham, after two recent mission trips to India, has developed a heart for evangelism there and in Sri Lanka. He doesn’t feel led to go there himself on a long-term basis right now, but to support and teach ministers who are already there.

Our church is small, and many of us are feeling the crunch of the financial crisis, so knowing we really couldn’t make a substantial financial contribution right now, he joined together with other Presbyterian pastors in the Nashville area and came up with an idea. Most of us have a lot of things laying around our house that we don’t use, so why not sell them and use the money to help reach those who have never heard the gospel?

Thus began Nation 2 Nation. Someone in our church is now working through e-bay (link directly to our page) and Amazon to sell the items people donate, and the proceeds go to this ministry. She is also keeping a blog (which I designed) to keep us updated on what is going on with this new project. I have added the link to this blog to my blog list at the bottom right side of my page, and it also includes a link to the e-bay page. She hasn’t had too many visitors yet, so I’m trying to help drum up some support. Please check out either of both of these links to find out more about what it’s all about! If you wish to donate anything to sell on e-bay, or if you purchase any of the items we are selling, the proceeds will go directly to this ministry.

1 comment:

Smelling Coffee said...

What a great idea! I'll remember that when I get rid of things this summer (which will be the next possible time I'll clean out!) :-)