Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Back to CBS

Today was my first day back to Community Bible Study after a several-week break, and it was so good to be back! I was already fired up after the retreat, and all the kids in my class were excited to be back too, so we had a really good group time.

I have a new child in my class: a 12-year-old boy. This is kind of interesting because the class is mostly first graders, with one second grader and one fifth grader. These are all homeschooled children, and being able to bring them enables their moms to attend CBS. The new boy doesn’t seem to mind being so much older than most of the others, and he and the 5th grader have harder homework materials than the younger ones have. I only had one boy in the class before, with six girls, so the one I had is very excited to have another boy there. It’s an interesting mix (someone today compared it to a one-room schoolhouse), but God has brought me this group of kids, and I know he has great things in store for all of us!

No comments: