Sunday, January 11, 2009

CBS Leaders' Retreat

"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms." I Peter 4:10

I went on a Community Bible Study leaders’ retreat this weekend. It was only in Franklin, about half an hour from here, but we spent Friday night at the conference center where we met. There were several hundred people there from all over Tennessee and parts of Alabama, Kentucky and Indiana, as well as speakers from various places.

The speakers covered a number of topics, most of which centered around serving others: how to be a humble servant, how to strengthen yourself so that you can serve others, and the rewards of serving.

I was convicted of my own pride, realizing that God calls us to be a servant to others. We should expect nothing in return, though the intangible rewards are usually great. We shouldn’t expect to be thanked and should serve with the attitude of doing whatever God needs us to do, not just what appeals to us.

It was a good time of fellowship, learning and rejuvenation for me. I am pumped up now and ready to start the new year at CBS.

No comments: