Monday, January 19, 2009

From the Hand and Heart of a Child

Children, for the most part, love to draw, and they love to share their artwork. Usually without an income, their gifts must come from their heart. If a child gives you a piece of artwork, you can generally consider yourself to have found your way into their good graces.

Our nieces and nephews have given me quite a bit of artwork through the years, much of which I have kept and treasured, especially those that I know they put time and effort into, creating them just for me, choosing subject matter that they perceive to be dear to my heart. I know this will mean even more to me in the years to come, when they may not be so sweet and innocent anymore, but I will, hopefully, still be in their good graces.

Below are some of their renditions of our pets:

Dasha and Nash, by Gracie, at age 6 (now 8)


Heidi, by Hannah, age 6


Dasha, by Daniel, at age 6 (now 7) (son of Don’s brother David)


Heidi, by Gracie, at age 7

2 comments:

Pam said...

Aww.. I love little kid art. Those are so cute! : )

MADDIE said...

Those are precious treasures that mean more than anything that could ever be purchased! I love the sweet artwork the girls often give me when I am at the Jeter's house. They are so sweet and creative. I know you are proud!