Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Dasha

This Wednesday is my little dog Dasha’s 11th birthday. No matter how you calculate it, that’s pretty old in dog years. Dasha has been with me through a lot. She has won over the hardest of hearts, including Don’s, who had a prejudice against small dogs in general, and my mom’s, who never really liked dogs at all until she met Dasha.
-
Here is a video clip of her. The quality isn’t too great, but as you can see, she’s still spirited and sweet.


Click to play Dasha at 11
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

Where, you may ask, is Nash? Unfortunately, he was here.

He and Dasha have different philosophies of how dog toys should be played with. Here, for example, is what’s left of a stuffed mouse he got for Christmas.

I am very thankful for the 11 years I’ve had Dasha. She has brought joy to my life. I hope she’ll have several more good years left, but for ever how much longer I have her, my life will be better for what she’s brought into it.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I think she said...."Mom, aren't you gonna help me?" Happy Birthday sweet Dasha!